The npm blog has been discontinued.
Happy Valentine's Day, Package Publishers!
Package publishers are the people who make the npm registry the largest (and awesomest?!) package ecosystem in the world (universe?!). Today we are kicking off a campaign to show ya’ll a little love.
For a while now, we’ve noted that the community loves tweeting about publishing their first npm package. They are some of our favorite tweets- so much so in fact that we’ve decided to collect and publicize them!
Here’s how it works:
If you are a new publisher:
- When you publish your first package, please tag it with #myfirstpublish
- If you also mention the twitter user, @myfirstpublish, you’ll receive a cool congrats in reply
If you are a seasoned publisher:
- Write us a tweet about your experience publishing your first package, tag it with #myfirstpublish hashtag
- Alternatively, write a blog post about that experience, tweet out a link, tag it with #myfirstpublish
- If we like it, we’ll probably follow up to serialize it on our blog!
If you are a member of the community:
- Make a PR to the twitter bot repo with an awesome tweet to help congratulate new publishers
- Follow #myfirstpublish and send your own congrats to new publishers
- Follow all the action at www.npmjs.com/my-first-publish
To everyone who has published a package, be it big, small, popular, or only used by you- THANK YOU SO MUCH for contributing to the npm ecosystem. We’d be nothing without you, and we’re glad you are here <3
Want to publish your first package this week? Awesome. Learn more about how to with this doc.