The npm blog has been discontinued.
Happy npm7-beta-pre-release-Tuesday everyone! 😄
This version brings some exciting updates such as better resolution of conflicting peer dependencies and an update to the latest and greatest version of node-gyp.
As usual you can get it with:
npm i -g npm@next-7
24f3a5448#1811 npm ci should never save package.json or lockfile (@isaacs)
5e780a5f0remove unused spec parameter, assign error code (@nlf)
f019a248aRemove unused npx binary (@isaacs)
- Resolve race condition with conflicting bin links in local installs
- #1812 Log engine mismatches more usefully
- #1814 Do not loop trying to resolve dependencies that fail to load
- npm/rfcs#224 Do not automatically install optional peer dependencies
- Add the
strictPeerDepsoption, defaulting to
- fix forwarding configs to resolve pkg spec when adding new deps
- This updates node-gyp to v7, allowing us to deduplicate a lot of significant dependencies.
5837a4843#1699 Use allow/deny list in docs (@luciomartinez)