The npm blog has been discontinued.
Updates from the npm team are now published on the GitHub Blog and the GitHub Changelog.
🎉 Happy Thursday! Over the past few months the cli team has been working hard to ship a release each week to clean up & stabilize the npm v7 beta; We’re excited about where we are today & have cut our first release candidate this morning.
Our intent is to continue to ship weekly improvements as more & more of the community adopts npm@7 & hope you’ll continue to give us feedback.
You can get today’s release as you usually do:
npm i -g npm@next-7
https-proxyconfig support (@badeggg)
- #1849 Do not drop peer/dev dep while saving if both set
- Do not install or build if there is a global top bin conflict
- Default to building node-gyp dependencies
- Default to building node-gyp dependencies and projects
- remove many unused dependencies (@ruyadorno)