The npm blog has been discontinued.
Updates from the npm team are now published on the GitHub Blog and the GitHub Changelog.
Another Tuesday, another release (or three)!
This week we released some bug fixes, a few documentation updates, and some dependency updates while we continue improving the npm 7 experience for everyone.
You can get the latest release in the usual ways
npm install -g npm@7
46c7f792a#2047 #1935 skip the prompt when in a known ci environment (@nlf)
f8f6e1fad#2049 properly remove pycache in release script (@MylesBorins)
5db95b393#2050 pack: do not show individual files of bundled deps (@isaacs)
3ee8f3b34#2051 view: Better errors when package.json is not JSON (@isaacs)
- respect gitTagVersion = false
- do not return empty buffer when stdio is inherited
- attach child process to returned promise
- forward SIGINT and SIGTERM to children that inherit stdio
- support http proxy for https registries
77ad86b5eMerge docs deps with main project
aec77acf8#1915 use “dockhand” for faster static documentation generation (@ethomson)
aeb10d210#2024 Fix post-install script name (@irajtaghlidi)
npm configtests (@ruyadorno)
npm ownertest and refactor (@ruyadorno)
- Maintain order in package.json files array globs
- Strip slashes from package files list results
783965508#1997 #2000 #2005
- Ensure that root is added when root.meta is set
- Include all edges in explain() output when a root edge exists
- Do not conflict on meta-peers that will not be replaced
- Install peerOptionals if explicitly requested, or dev